Not quite ready to move into your new home? Need storage space for extra business inventory? Moving is stressful enough, but when you’re in between places or require storage for a growing business, your anxiety level may go through the roof. What you need is a painless solution. By hiring an all-in-one moving & storage company, you can simplify your move while saving money. Every moving company we work with is fully vetted, licensed and insured. And through Cheap Movers Tampa, it’s never been easier to compare and save on top storage services in Tampa, FL!
Tampa, FL Moving & Storage Companies
Most moving companies also provide on-site storage options, while those that offer only moving services can still help you transport your stuff to a self-storage unit. When considering your storage options, be sure to keep in mind the following:
- Cleanliness: Is your potential storage facility well maintained? Going with a company that doesn’t keep their units clean can lead to pest infestations and damaged goods.
- Security: When talking to management, inquire about how secure the facility is. Ask about cameras, security gates, lighting, alarms, security/law enforcement presence, etc.
- Accessibility: If you’re in need of 24/7 access to your belongings, you’ll want to consider self-storage unit versus going with a moving company’s warehouse.
- Affordability: By bundling all your storage and moving needs with one moving company, you may be pleasantly surprised by how streamlined your move is while enjoying cheap rates.
- Selection: Ask about unit size and capacity options when choosing self-storage. If you decide to go with a full-service mover, your stuff will be safely stored in their warehouse.
- Climate-control: Florida’s heat and humidity can wreak havoc on stored goods. Make sure that your valued possessions are stored in a unit or warehouse with a consistent HVAC system.
Check the box for all your storage requirements through Cheap Movers Tampa:
- Residential: Whether you’re single or the head of a large household, you’ll enjoy great savings and professional services by selecting one of our residential moving partners.
- Commercial: In the middle of relocating or expanding your business? Benefit from clean and secure storage for your office equipment, inventory, and other business items.
- Furniture: Safeguard your leather couches, wood tables, armoires, and other valued furniture by letting Cheap Movers Tampa find a storage facility with consistent climate control.
- Wine: From novices to advanced sommeliers, we can assist wine lovers with sourcing a quality storage service that offers the perfect climate-controlled storage option for your wine collection.
- Artwork: Oil paintings, pictures, and other art are susceptible to damage from pests, moisture and temperature fluctuations. Protect your artwork by choosing storage that is well-regulated.
- Documents: Important papers like receipts, medical records and tax returns should be stored in a secure, dry space. Keep your new home clutter-free by placing documents in safe storage.
Tips For Packing And Stacking A Tidy Storage Unit
While moving, it might become necessary to rent a storage unit. Maybe you’re between homes, don’t have space for everything, or need a secure spot to stash valuables. When storing your stuff, it’s worth the effort to pack wisely. Below, you’ll find tips on how to make good use of space and safeguard your belongings from damage.
Prepare Your Boxes
Every good thing starts with a solid foundation. Same goes for packing boxes. If possible, try to use boxes of the same size. This will help increase stability when stacked. Next, fill up each box, so there’s little space in them. You can use materials like packing peanuts or old clothing. Doing so will make the boxes structurally sound and ready to support the weight of being stacked.
Label And Inventory
So, most people know to label boxes while moving. But what about for storage? This is where something called a master inventory list comes in handy. As you pack, write down what’s in each box and label appropriately. With these details, you’ll be able to easily pinpoint where a specific item is in your unit. It can also help in the event you need to file a claim if something is damaged while being stored.
Grab Some Pallets
Wooden pallets are a simple and cost-effective way to protect your possessions from potential flooding and spills. You can either purchase them or ask local businesses if they have any laying around. First, measure your unit. Once you have enough pallets, place them on the floor. Then, start to pack. Use plastic wrap and moving blankets to protect furniture and other household goods from pests and dust.
Efficient use of space is key, especially in smaller units. You might have several loose items like yard tools or shoes. Instead of fretting over not having enough boxes or space, get creative. For example, use a pallet as a rack for shovels and brooms. A curtain rod is a great way to hang clothes. There are endless solutions, so flex your creative muscle.
Buy Renter’s Insurance
You may not realize it, but several things can inflict harm on your stored items. These can include severe flooding, theft or even fire. Fortunately, there’s insurance. A renter’s insurance policy can help to reimburse you in the event you experience any losses due to covered risks. And this doesn’t just apply to long-term storage. Even if you’re planning on storing things for only a few weeks, your personal belongings are still vulnerable to unexpected weather and other uncontrollable events.
By following these tips, you can effectively protect and secure your valued possessions while optimizing your storage space. It’s worth it. If you’re unable to pack your storage unit, hire a moving & storage company to give you a hand. At Cheap Movers Tampa are more than happy to help your find professional moving services that fit your budget.